Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Nap time Diary

I must admit, nap time to me is truly a sacred and holy hour (if I'm lucky) where all of the children simultaneously have their eyes shut and are not making any sound beyond their sweet little snores and heavy breathing. I don't always get simultaneous nap time and when I do I don't take it without gratitude and with a mad hustle. I find myself drawn between napping myself, working on my to-do list which is always longer than I care to admit, and creating something marvelous. In all honesty if I can pull it off, I often try to side do something creative.

My favorite recent project is a quilted table top runner that I found on Pintrest. This is only my second real quilt project, my first was a quilt that I made at a weekend retreat with a few friends, this is my first independent project. At this point I only have my top done for my quilt, but I think it is going relatively well. My major flaw so far is that I misread the pattern and cut more fabric than I actually need, so I am going to end up making a few similar table runners, which is fun to think about sending them off to friends.

I haven't been doing a ton of crocheting, however, I have been working on a blanket for a new little guy in our lives. It is slow going and I am not making a ton of progress, blanket making in the spring/summer is never a motivating project. However, I am determined to get it done, I do have some road time coming up that should aid in the progress of this blanket.

Another project I am starting to work on is I am working to improve my embroidery skills. I have seen some pretty epic projects by friends and I long to be able to embroider better. I am sure more on this will follow.

I also have been working on some hair clips for my daughter, who some how has become magically obsessed with always having some type of hair clip or bow (or bowtique as Lucy would say - thanks to Minnie Mouse). So I have created some felties to put in her hair in hopes of a little variation away from the constant bow. Never in a million years did I think my daughter would be obsessed with bows, hair clips, and headbands.

My final work in progress, which this always seems to be ongoing, is my love for Shutterfly and creating shutterfly books. I am not terribly behind, but I do have some catching up to do and I'd like to get those caught up before I get so far behind I am not motivated to work on them. Slowly but surely I am getting caught up on them.

What are you working on?
What projects bring you life currently?

No comments:

Post a Comment