Thursday, September 3, 2015

Women's Rock Minnesota Half Marathon



IT IS FINISHED.

Last weekend I ran my first post Lucy half marathon.
I ran with my friend Melissa {who had a baby shortly after Lucy}.
Thank God I was running with a friend.

The race was good.
The weather near ideal - cool in the morning and it slowly warmed up {although I would have been pleased had the humidity never arrived}.









The Women Rock Half Marathon was fairly well organized from the start, there were water stations what felt like every twelve feet, but only one gatorade station, I would have preferred one or two more. My only real complaint is that the organizers had to change the race course at the last minute and so some of their communication was off with whoever was setting up the flag markers. We were cruising moving along and all of a sudden we pass mile marker 8 {insert happy dance} and then not more than a half mile later we crossed a flag labeled 7. Thankfully, the mile 7 flag was wrong, but none the less it is tough on the mental game.





The run was tough for me, my calf started cramping early in the race and made for a rough race. I get frustrated when I had a really great training run on Wednesday and then Saturday morning it felt like every mile was longer than the next.

Either way, I finished. And the medals are oh so pretty.

Thankful to my husband (& Melissa's) for taking the kiddos so we could run together.

I am not looking to put another race on the calendar before the runDisney Wine and Dine in November.

1 comment:

  1. So crazy about the mile markers! Glad they were wrong! :) Congrats on your first post-baby half!! Way to go!! :D

    ReplyDelete