Tuesday, March 24, 2015

iMovie

In my list of things I want to do/learn this year, gaining/improving my iMovie skills is towards the top. I was recently hanging out with a few friends and one of them showed us a movie she had made from a trip they took this past summer, it was a super creative way to quickly show us pictures and videos from their trip to Yellowstone. The video had some background music during the photo portion as well as some videos inserted here and there. She then shared with me that she had created the movie with iMovie (a program I already own) - which is challenging me to learn how to use some of the programs we already have on our mac. I have zero intent on creating movies for every trip we take but I would like to be able to create a movie for some of the bigger trips we take. It seems like a great way to do a quick (5ish or so) movie to recall our trip. Yes, I do photobooks, but it would be nice to be able to watch a quick movie from our trip.

Do you use iMovie?
Any tips or tricks?

I am going to start monkeying around with it and starting playing with it and see where I end up. I am thankful for the copious amount of people who have created youtube tutorials to help people like me out.

What programs do you frequently use on your computer?

I am realizing that I am a documentarian. I love being able to record life and preserve it to remember what we did and remember what we did and look back at some of the pictures we have taken or the videos we have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment