Saturday, April 5, 2014

Welcoming a new decade

Today I enter a new decade of life. Good bye 20s and hello 30s.

My 20s were great. The highlight reel:
  • I earned my bachelor's degree
  • I earned my masters of divinity
  • I was ordained
  • I took my first call to full time ministry
  • I got married
  • I traveled the globe
    • met amazing people and heard their stories
    • smelled and tasted things beyond my wildest imagination
    • took thousands upon thousands (literally) of photographs
    • I learned more about myself 
  • I ran my first half marathon (and have continued to run them)
  • I bought 2 houses and sold 1
  • I got my a golden retriever, Dakota
  • I got pregnant (yep, you read that right, Baby Marshall is arriving early August 2014)
Hopes and Dreams for my 30s: (in no particular order)
  • deliver a baby (eeeeeek)
  • raise a wonderful child who lives to love and serve God
  • Travel the globe
  • payoff Marc's student loans
  • finish the basement of our house
  • go on a sabbatical (after 7 years in ministry at my current ministry site I am allowed a 3 month sabbatical)
  • continue to run half marathons
    • and other races - and place in the top 3 of my age bracket for some race (yes it can be a small race) - now that I am out of the 18-29 age bracket (seriously, how is that age bracket fair to those of us in the upper part of that bracket) it seems like this goal may actually be do able
  • Grow in my photography skills 
    • also in my photoshop/lightroom abilities
  • live in the moment more often
    • and live simply
  •  keep up on my shutterfly books - I love looking through them when they are finished 
  • read lots and lots of books
  • crochet beautiful things
This list is only the beginning, as life always goes, we have NO CLUE what we are doing. However, I look forward to the years to come, good-bye twenties, you were good to me for sure. Hello, thirties, bring on the adventures.

"O God, you have called your servants to ventures of which we cannot see the ending, by paths as yet untrodden, through perils unknown. Give us faith to go out with good courage, not knowing where we go, but only that your hand is leading us and your love supporting us; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." (ELW pg 304)

3 comments:

  1. Oh congrats on your biggest little moment! August must be the month to have a baby as you are the 4th of my network to announce it. You must be finding out the gender soon unless you are going to wait. You'll have to send me your address so I can send you a little something :) Dakota will be an awesome big brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Many of these are on my 20s/30s list, too! I turn 30 in May. Cheers to dirty thirty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to give you a hug, pick you up, and spin you around. Congratulations to everything in your twenties, and I look forward to seeing/reading your thirties.

    ReplyDelete