Thursday, March 27, 2014

Winter crochet project

      This winter I have FINALLY been working on a blanket for myself, I have made lots of other folks blankets, but I finally got to the point that I wanted to make mysefl one. SOOO this blanket was born, I semi adapted a pattern from some things I had seen  and the hours of crocheting began. I began just after Christmas and finished a couple of nights ago. It always takes me a couple days to get pictures and uploaded. The blanket measures roughly 83 inches long and 52 inches wide. It is obnoxiously big and I seriously lost track of how many skeins of yarn it took. I used Hobby Lobby's "I Love This Yarn," which I love and went to town. I actually only had one skein of each of the colors but then the grey is where I lost track of how many skeins I used. I do still have a pretty good ball left of each other colors, which is perfect by me because they will be transformed into other things (hats, mittens, baby booties, ear warmers, the list is endless). 
     My pictures aren't amazing of the blanket, but I have a hard time photographing crocheted blankets. The one picture is while I was laying on the floor attempting to get some pictures of the blanket and Dakota laid down right in front of me and it felt like she was almost rolling her eyes at me and telling me enough is enough, move on and come snuggle me or something other than take photos of this blanket. I love it though. I suppose the size is a little large, but I wanted to be able to tuck it under my toes (I am just shy of 6 foot tall) while laying down and be able to pull it up to my chin without having to stretch it out. It is plenty wide enough that I can either sit in my favorite chair at our house or curl up on the couch and nap in it.
     While I loved this project was fun and mindless (I watched countless movies this winter while working on this blanket) I am happy to be moving onto another project. What's next in my crochet world? Great question, traditionally in the spring/summer my crocheting slows WAY down due to my love of the outdoors, but I a dear friend of mine just had a little girl who clearly NEEDS some crocheted goodness, a blanket for my mother (she wants a big one as well, so that will take some time) and a few other things up my sleeve. I also want to try out a couple of new things. Keep your eyes peeled, there will be more crocheted wonderfulness coming down the pipe.
    Given the weather this Spring winter my guess is we won't be hanging out too much outside for a bit. BLAH craptastic weather, bring on spring.




No comments:

Post a Comment