Tuesday, February 11, 2014

St. Louis


Generally when I travel for work, I travel with copious amounts of kids and youth ranging from kindergarten through college age with some other adults helping me out. Usually, on these trips we: sleep on church floors, at summer camps, in tents, on gym floors, or in some other makeshift sleeping quarters, wrapped in our beloved sleeping bags and on our thermarests. However, once a year, I attend what is known as the Extravaganza, which is held in a wonderful hotel, usually (not this year) in a warm location. Every third year it is held wherever the National Youth Gathering, is held, so that we can do some prescouting, make dinner reservations, and figure out where we are going and what we are doing before we are like ducks with our 40 or so ducklings following close behind. We attend sessions, worship, pray, network, collaborate, meet up with colleagues, brainstorm, and enjoy whatever city we are in.
Most recently (as many of you probably saw on my instagram or my twitter feed) we were in St. Louis, and had a marvelous time. We went to the art museum, toured Budweiser (I can't believe how BIG those horses are, I am on the far left of the picture and nearly 6 foot tall), we saw the arch, and we went to the most beautiful cathedral, Cathedral Basilica. GORGEOUS - if you are ever in St. Louis go see this place. Of course we also ate some delightful food and explored other aspects of the city, this was just a few of the highlights.



























Have you ever been to St. Louis?
What is your favorite city to be a tourist in?







1 comment:

  1. Prolly going back home to San Diego when I am blessed with the opportunity. I lived there for 24 years, and yet I still enjoy all the things you can do for free or on the cheap.

    ReplyDelete