Monday, July 1, 2013

2013 Yearly Goals - Check In

Here are my goals for 2013 in no particular order - below in blue is the updates with how I am doing on my goals:

  • Earn my Walt Disney Coast to Coast Medal
    • This will require me to complete two races, one in Disneyland and one in Disney World in the same calendar year. I will be running the Tinkerbell Half Marathon in Disneyland and the Wine and Dine Half Marathon in Disney World
    • I have finished the Tinkerbell Half Marathon at Disneyland in California and I have registered for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon at Walt Disney World in Florida this coming November - I dare to say this is going to happen! Super excited
  • Learn how to fold fitted sheets
    • Seriously, I have tried, but haven't been committed to it- my fitted sheets always just look like crap when they are folded - more like balled up sheets even if I have tried to fold them nicely - youtube here I come
    • working on it!  I have been practicing weekly, I can't quite figure out how to get them so they actually lay flat - I have tried four different techniques on youtube - I have one that I like better than the others but it isn't perfect yet - still working on this one but definitely making progress
      • seriously think this is the most ridiculous yearly goal but it is seriously on my list
  • Get Married 
    • DONE. WHHOOOOOP WHOOOOOP.
    • June 8, 2013 - at Bethlehem Evangelical Lutheran Church in Brainerd Minnesota
  • Make a fruit pie from scratch
    • No real reason for this one other than I just want to do it
    • I have a date set with a few of the older ladies of the church I serve - and we are totally making a pie from scratch - seriously jazzed about this
  • Paint one of the bedrooms upstairs
    • I have begun the taping process to paint the room
  • Run 5 half marathons [I am tempted to say six because I think it would be sweet to say I averaged one every other month but that maybe too lofty of a goal]
    • I have Tinkerbell Half Marathon, Fargo Half Marathon, Fargo Mini Marathon, and Wine and Dine Half Marathon on the docket already - I'd like to add one in Minnesota to my list
    • Two down and three to go 
    • I must find one more and actually register for it so I get on it
  • Finish going through all of my boxes 
    • I haven't gone through all the boxes since I moved to Brainerd in June 2011, it's time to do some serious giving away
    • This project is nearly done - I only have a couple boxes left to go through
  • Organize my craft space in the loft
    • DONE. IT Looks AWESOME up there
  • Read 12 books for fun [I love reading but sometimes I get in a rut and do all my reading for work, which I don't totally mind, but I want to read for fun too] so far I am on track with reading one book per month for fun
    • Emma - Jane Austen
      • LOVED IT! 
    • Red - Ted Dekker
      • Found this to be a marvelous book and it kept me a bit on the edge of my seat
    • Plain Truth - Jodi Piccoult
      • I love all of her books and this one did not let me down
    • 7 - Jen Hatmaker 
      • EVERYONE should read this one. It is AMAZING!
    • The Hunger Games Book One by Suzanne Collins
      • I have read this before but wanted to reread it much slower
    • Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
      • I have read this one before but wanted to reread it much slower
    • Mocking Jay by Suzanne Collins
      • I have read this one before but wanted to reread it much slower - I realized at the end of this I read them through so ridiculously fast the first time just to see what happened I missed many details - I love this trilogy
  • Make my bed 90% of the time
    • I am not horrible at this one - I am probably currently at a solid 50% but would like to increase this goal - I don't want to go to 100% because seriously some days I really don't care - however I LOVE to crawl into a made bed
    • I am TOTALLY rocking this project right now! I can't even remember the last time I didn't make my bed - I LOVE LOVE LOVE crawling into a bed that has been made at night. Plus then my sheets aren't all over the place when I try to crawl in - Love crawling into a bed that has been made
  • Learn to to tunisian crochet
    • My friend Lindy has inspired me to do this - thanks Lindy
    • We are actually working a blanket with this style of crocheting in 2013 which will demand I learn 9 new stitches, I am jazzed and praying I can figure it out
    • I am a couple squares behind right now but not too far - I plan on catching up - I want to finish this project - I need to block my squares so they look less like little burritos
  • Run 500 miles this year
    • bike to work 30 times
      • I am biking to work quite frequently - I am certain I have passed this one by quite a ways - I quit keeping track somewhere around 22 and that was over a month ago and in the last week alone I have rode my bike to work at least 9 times.
    • swim 100 miles
      • yes I know these are loft goals - but why set low goals
      • according to my records I am at 56 miles so far - I feel good about being over half way done
    • I need to go back and add up my running miles - I know I was a ways behind for a while but now that it is BEAUTIFUL outside I have been picking up miles like crazy
  • Finish the stacks of projects that I have begun and have never gotten to for whatever reason - and if I decide I am not going to ever finish them then I need to disassemble what can be disassembled and move on - no reason to have all these half finished projects
    • slowly but surely this is happening believe it or not - although I suppose I could use a kick in the butt to get this goal done a little quicker
  • Settle into married life
    • or begin to... really this goal is all about making the transition to married life intentional
    • this is beginning - it is interesting for sure
  • Make a quilt
    • it has been way too long since I have made one
    • I have fabric and design picked now to just sit down and do it
  • Finish the three clergy stoles I have started
    • one done two to go
  • Shoot over 250 pictures a month on my Nikon D60
    • I LOVE this camera but I get lazy and don't take it out to take the photos I should, I really do want to improve as a photographer, so I must practice
    • I am probably about where I need to be - I am thinking I have averaged about that so far in pictures - this has been a fun challenge - I am learning quite a bit about my camera and how to use it (about time eh?!) I am debating trying to find some class online to help teach me more about my camera and the settings
  • Catch up on photobooks
    • yeah, I am way behind, finish 2011, 2012, Summer 2012 Mission Trips book
      • 2011 - DONE
      • Summer 2012 Mission Trip book - DONE
      • 2012 - DONE
    • update 2013 photobook monthly
      • I am currently behind, my book is up to date through mid-May, so I am considering this a success and have the intention of catching that up shortly
    • Create and Finish Summer 2013 Ministry book (finish before the end of the year)
      • I have my book all set up with several categories: Summer Stretch, VBS, Middle School Mission Trip, High School Mission Trip, and Operation Sandwich
      • I have updated the first few weeks of summer stretch and that is all up to date - I figure if I do it piece by piece it will be helpful and not nearly as overwhelming as doing it all at the same time
    • Create and finish a wedding photobook (finish before the end of the year)
      • I have the design picked out and have begun uploading photos - I have all my pictures uploaded (yes, I carried my own camera on my wedding day) and have bee uploading pictures as people have given them to me 
      • We had Marc's uncle and a dear friend of ours take pictures and our dear friend already has given us five disks of pictures (THEY ARE AMAZING) and those are uploaded we are waiting on the pictures from Marc's uncle 
      • Serveral cousins have emailed me saying they have pictures and will be emailing them to me as soon as they get them uploaded to their computers
      • I LOVE looking through the pictures as they come in - I must make an album on facebook soon 
    • Order 366 in 2012 photo book
      • DONE and it is soooooooooooo much fun! I LOVE IT! Seriously. I hope to do another photo a day book sometime
    • When books are finished order: 2011, 2012, Summer 2012 Mission Trip book
      • 2011 - Ordered and on my shelves
      • Summer 2012 Mission Trip Book - Ordered and on my shelves
      • 2012 - Ordered and on my shelves


How are your goals for 2013 coming along? 
                 It is ridiculously crazy to think we are already mid-way through March!
Have you altered your goals for the year at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment