Thursday, December 6, 2012

Proud to Be a Lion

This is a pic one of my friends took, yes I know I was being cheesy (it was intended)
and yes, I knew Marc was behind me photo bombing the picture
but I think the picture is hilarious and I couldn't help but post it.


Yes, I am a member of the Lions Club. Yes, I sort of fell into on accident. No, I didn't ever intend on being a lion. Yes, I am beyond thrilled to be a Lion. Yes, I know every organization has it's faults and the Lions club isn't an exception. All this being said, this fall I became a Lion. I believe I am the 2nd youngest in the club and the majority of our club's members are older than I, however, I couldn't be happier to be a Lion. Slowly but surely we are working to lower our average age.

Monday night our Lions club had a spaghetti dinner feed with Santa. It was wonderful to see over 250 people come through the doors and eat together and to have the anticipation of the little one's who couldn't wait to go talk to Santa. Santa heard Christmas wish lists, handed out candy canes and small toys, and brought out smiles and joy that is beyond words.

Why you may ask am I so thrilled to be a lion? I am proud to be a member of an organization that helps to fund scouting programs, provides glasses for those who couldn't otherwise afford them, to be a service club within our community who reaches out and extends love to those who otherwise may not receive the help they need. It is an honor to sit in on a meeting when the discussion is how much money to give to a particular cause.

I am proud to be a Lion and look forward to seeing where our club can serve in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment