Friday, December 28, 2012

Antsy

I am thankful for the cold weather, I am anxious to get out on the lakes snowshoeing. I am definitely not one who pushes the envelop of getting out on the ice before I should. People a little further north have already put out their ice houses and are driving trucks on the ice. Around my area it is a catch 22 there are ice houses starting to go out on the lakes and people are beginning to get out there, however I am a little bit cautious as I think about getting out there. Until I hear there is a solid 10 to 12 inches on the ice I won't be going out. There have been several people who have fallen through the ice in years past and I am just not that much of a dare devil.

In the meantime I find myself at the poor farm and other wonderful places. The Arb is out due to the vast number of cross country ski trails (which are beautiful and wonderful however they are not dog or snow shoeing friendly). So I wait, impatiently for the ice to thicken so I can snow shoe.

It is hard to be up north at times. I love it most of the time, but some of the time it drives me nuts. I suppose it is like most places. Never the less, I shall walk my dog around the poor farm and my neighborhood and get my good workouts in at the gym and dream of skiing in the Rocky Mountains and snow shoeing on the lakes in days to come.

I really do love the snow. I enjoy being outside in it. I even don't mind shoveling it. I welcome winter and the chance to curl up on the couch with a good cup of coffee and a wonderful book.


No comments:

Post a Comment