Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October Foodie Pen Pal Reveal




This my foodie pen pal package came from Jessica in Georia. [Sorry about the poor quality of the photo, the lighting was weird and I hurried while taking the photo - noted don't rush while taking a photo] Anyways. The package included:
Southern Peach Salsa- I was semi skeptical about this one because normally I am a purist when it comes to salsa and I like normal salsa and was concerned this would be too sweet, but I was surprised to find that it was quite delightful and wasn't like sucking on a sugar cube. Delishious for sure!
Pioneer Brand Country Gravy- I am not normall a gravy eater coming from the north, so this one took me a little bit to figure out what I was going to eat with it. One night, following the suggestion of Jessica in her letter I made biscuts and gravy and we ate it. The gravy was good for sure, biscuits and gravy is definitely outside of my "normal" foods. It was a fun change of pace.
Bette's Diner Pancake/Waffle Mix- Marc and I LOVE making pancakes and waffles. We made up one batch of these (& rejoiced that there was enough left to make a couple more meals out of this mix) and loved them. Marc owns a waffle maker and so they were delightful! Breakfast for dinner has to be towards the top of the list of fun meals for us. We love it.

I definitely recommend that everyone join the foodie pen pal exchange, seriously I look forward to this every month! I love knowing that at least once a month I get something in the mail that isn't a bill, junk mail, or a magazine that only allows me to drool at items I can't buy, the package arrives with yumminess ready for me to consume. I love that I get packages from all over the country and never really know what will be in it. Check it out.

The Lean Green Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment