Monday, August 13, 2012

Project 366 in 2012

Every Sunday night I seem to have patterns of things I always do such as:
  • I always look ahead at the next week's calendar to get a grasp at what this coming week will look like
  • I always make sure my laundry is folded and put away (not certain why I like to start the week with clean laundry and have it put away but for some reason I like not having piles of laundry on Monday morning)
  • I always run the dishwasher - living by myself it takes me several days to fill the dishwasher and by Sunday nights it always seems to be packed - I hate waking up Monday morning and not having a clean cereal bowl - yes, I know this is trivial and I could wash a bowl by hand, but I like having clean dishes out of the dishwasher
  • I always take Dakota for a good long walk - one last super long walk before the week begins
  • I always update my Project 366 shutterfly book.
Last night as I was updating my shutterfly book (meaning I add pictures from the last week, get the layout as I want it, add descriptions, blah blah blah, you are catching on - so that at the end of the year I don't have to attempt (because I am pretty certain it would be nearly impossible to remember which picture went with which day) to put the whole book together) and as I was scrolling through the pages to get to last week's pages I was in awe of how fabulous the year has been. I am loving the every day project. I am loving that I can look and get a glimpse at what was happening in life. I love that I have pictures of piles of dirty laundry, a clean kitchen, construction, unexpected visitors, my sweet puppy, running paraphanalia, and some totally random things that I have seen while out hiking.

I entered into this project for no real reason, other than I wanted to take more pictures, this project has for sure required me to be creative in what I take pictures of, not every day is there something monumental to take photos of. However I have more than realized that life is made up of just as many little moments as big ones. I also enjoy that it is a leap year so we get 366 days in the year. I loved looking back in the album and remembering things that I have already forgotten this year. I love looking and seeing how my sweet puppy has grown over the year and some of the things she has gotten into.

I originally thought this project would be a pain in my butt but I am loving it, every second of it. I think this could be continuing on at least another year. I had no expectation that it would but as long as I am still loving it, the project will go on. I don't ever want it to become a chore - that will mark the end of the project.

Thanks be to God for fun projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment