Thursday, August 30, 2012

Kitchen Remodel - It is finished

It is finished (or nearly - I still want to replace the light fixture, but other than that I may be at the point that the kitchen is finished).

Last week while I was up in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area (BWCA) my brother and fiance (still fun to say), finished my kitchen. They worked and worked and worked I imagine while I sat and swam and paddled and relaxed (I sort of feel guilty now but am MASSIVELY appreciative of them) - Cubby and Marc put up the tile in my kitchen! I came home and my kitchen looks like a million bucks! Literally I was floored! It looks awesome and I now have the desire to have lots and lots of people over.

Changes made to the kitchen since buying the house June 21, 2011:
  • take down ugly lace-ish curtains
  • replace window screens so I can open windows without bugs attacking
  • paint all of the walls
  • paint the ceiling
  • change the light cover thingys (technical term for sure) on the light fixture
  • remove gross old tile and put up new tile
  • paint baseboards
  • paint cupboards
  • paint hardware for cupboards
  • replace dishwasher
  • replace counter tops
  • put up new window trim
This is not the most amazing picture becuase it came off my phone while making
breakfast this morning but does give you a glimpse at a lot of what has been done
since moving into the house! YAY for a 99% completed project!

No comments:

Post a Comment