I want to spend time with my fabulous husband, with our daughter who overnight is no longer a baby but rather a toddler, with our sweet puppy who still likes to snuggle up next to me, crocheting, running, and other such fun things.
I am trying to strike balance between my family, a full time job, and life in general. I feel like this season of life is just nuts. Some weeks the balance is easy to strike - other weeks chaos rains supreme. I am learning to live in the chaos. Learning to deal with the floors that desperately need scrubbed in exchange for an extra bit of sleep or time with my family. I am learning the tricks of how to throw a wet towel into the laundry that has already been dried to get the wrinkles out of the dress pants I need to wear to work. Freezer meals remain my best friend, they allow me to come home from work, have dinner ready, eat with my family and not have to have piles upon piles of dishes to deal with at the end of the night.
I am giving thanks for:
- getting our bed made most mornings
- reading the Very Hungry Caterpillar 12,001 times a day "reeed it"
- the sweet morning snuggles of a sleepy toddler
- a game of bananagrams with my husband
- a super fun crochet-a-long - I am already looking forward to the next
- a brief glimpse of sweatshirt and hoodie weather
How's life in your neck of the woods?