Thursday, April 9, 2015

Birthdays

Marc and I have birthdays two days apart on the calendar - April 3 & 5. Further to be complicated by the fact that this year those dates fell on Good Friday and Easter. Which I suppose if you aren't working for a church, or your wife isn't working for a church it is probably pretty fun dates to have your birthday on. These days/weeks are pretty chaotic. However, for us not so much. We did manage to squeeze in a little bit of celebrating in the midst of the madness - here's to next year when our birthdays aren't during holy week.

Friday after worship we did go out for Marc's birthday, we went to a great wood fire pizza place here in town and then over to Cold Stone for ice cream. Marc's mom and my mom were both in town already and were able to join us for the fun. Marc picked both places to celebrate. Cold Stone even gave him free ice cream, technically I think you are suppose to print off a coupon online or something to get free ice cream but this woman was just nice and gave it to him.

My birthday I was at church from about 5:40 am till about 1:00pm and I was EXHAUSTED afterwards. Marc and my dad had picked up a Dairy Queen peanut butter cup blizzard cake for my birthday. After we had Easter dinner we had blizzard cake for dessert. YUM.

Marc did squeeze away Sunday night to go and see Fast and the Furious 7 with a couple friends - he was anxiously awaiting the movie but with the chaos of the weekend he wasn't able to escape until Sunday night.

We had fun. We celebrated a little bit and rejoiced that we survived Holy Week. Here's to another trip around the sun.




What is your favorite kind of birthday cake?

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthdays to both of you!

    I always get a DQ ice cream cake for my birthday! I think it's my favorite part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looking at Marc's mom...I see so much of her in Lucy :)

    ReplyDelete