Sunday, November 9, 2014

2015 Race Season

 After being pregnant last race season (& miserably pregnant at that) I raced ZERO races all season. UGGGG. That's annoying to me, but I can't fathom how I would have pulled it off. Marc and I have been doing a bit of dreaming towards this upcoming season - as this does have an impact on our winter training plans.

Marc is planning on racing three triathlons, two sprint distances, and one Olympic distance. He also is going to run the Wine and Dine Half marathon with me. Marc is also running the Sour Grapes Half Marathon in Brainerd.

I am still working on my schedule for sure, however, here are the current plans:
  • Run for the Lakes
    • they have a half marathon and a 10k - I am debating doing the 10k
    • April 25, 2015
    • I am not registered just toying with this race
    • I do need to get at least a 10k in prior to August 1, 2015 so I have a qualifying time for a corral for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon so I don't end up in the last corral
    • end of April runs always make me nervous due to the chance of lots of snow still and/or rain
  • Graniteman Clearwater Triathlon
    • Sprint Distance
    • July 11, 2015
    • registered
    • scared out of my mind
  • Wine and Dine Half Marathon
    • 13.1 miles
    • November 7, 2015
    • registration opens March 17, 2015
    • jazzed beyond all belief
I think I would like to run a couple other races - perhaps a half marathon before Wine and Dine, another 10k, and perhaps a 5k or two (because there are some super cheap 5ks in our area). There is a small piece of me toying with running the Sour Grapes run - only doing the 10k which would mean Marc and I could run the first loop together (it is a two loop race - which is why I won't even consider running the half) - however, I don't love trail runs. We'll see.... however, I have some serious training to do for the Tri.

My goal for the tri is to just not come in last. Seriously. There are some fast women who raced it last year, I want to finish in a decent time. The swim and the run will be okay, its the bike portion that I am nervous about.

I am logging way more miles on the bike this year than last because we do have the bike trainer set up in the basement and I have been able to sneak away while Lucy naps or after she has gone to bed or when Marc is home. I also have gone to a couple cycling classes (talk about ridiculously good workout) and hope to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment