Saturday, November 29, 2014

2014 4th Annual NICU Charity Challenge by Sunset Family

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine the first month of my sweet Lucy's life to be spent in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. I saw this challenge on facebook and decided to join in the fun. The goal is to make 12 hats for newborns and/or preemies between November 20th and January 6th. So I am a little behind the 8 ball, but little hats are made fast. I was going to donate them to the NICU where Lucy spent her first month of life, however, they don't accept homemade donations, so I am going to take them another NICU nearby where babies from our area often end up. I am excited about joining in this cause to donate hats for such sweet little babies. I understand the challenge of those early days when spent in a NICU, although some families are there much longer than we were and have many more health concerns than we did. Alas cute crocheted hats are bound to put a smile on people's faces.

The perk of this challenge beside the obvious joy of giving and making ridiculously cute hats is you get twenty free patterns for newborn/preemie hats for free! To sign up go to the sunsetfamilyliving blog for more details and to join the fun!

Anyone want to join the fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment