Thursday, May 1, 2014

Wartburg Retread


It has been nearly 3 years since I have graduated from seminary.


It has been nearly 3 years since we were sent out from Wartburg, ordained as pastors, and placed into congregations.

It is the tradition at Wartburg Seminary that nearish your 3 year mark your class returns to "retread."

We had a marvelous time. I AM SOOO thankful that many of my dear friends and I were able to get together, to snuggle the babies that have been born since we left, catch up on life, and be together once again. There was a sense of going home for sure.



Those few days were good for my soul.

I wish I had taken more photos - I feel like I often say that however, I was consumed in just being with friends.

We did have to take a few "classes" while we were there, they were pretty low key, but we did take a few, conversation was good. I am thankful to no longer be bogged down by classes that is for certain.

Who knew going to a neighboring state would find me in beautiful 75 degree weather and sitting on green grass.... talking about having a debate as to why we live so far north. It was beautiful weather and from the time we left Iowa till we pulled up and into my northern Minnesota drive way 50 degrees had dropped. Mother Nature is cruel indeed.

I wish I knew when we'd all be together again or at least those who I hold nearest and dearest to my heart. We have already begun talks of where we will meet again and when - we are thinking that we won't be at WTS but rather somewhere fun somewhere random for us all. We have debated our options - perhaps a camp or a fun place. Hopefully we can commit to doing it and get it on all of our already way too busy calendars.

















1 comment:

  1. I am WAYYYY behind reading your blog, but I loved this post. We need to get together!!

    ReplyDelete