Friday, August 9, 2013

Wine and Dine Training

We are now under the 100 day mark for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon and I suppose it is time that I get serious about training (I was serious before, semi-serious). I have one trip left at the end of August to throw a wrench into my plans, but I think I can still make it work. Anyways...my training update

August 2: Hauled a lot of gear into our backpacking camping site (we were about 2 miles in) - I had a pack fully loaded with a lot of gear - I should have weighed my pack before we went
August 3: Hike, Hike, Hike, and Hike some more
August 4: Hike the morning away & then haul above noted backpack back out 2 miles or so
August 5: REST - my legs were exhausted from the previous weekend
August 6: 45 minute run &30 minute bike ride
August 7: 60 minute lap swim
August 8: 60 minute run


Here. We. Go.
I will improve my time from Tinkerbell - I am determined to be better trained and to not have the flu (although I am not certain how much I can control that)

1 comment: