Monday, August 19, 2013

Mille Lac Pow Wow

This past weekend, Marc and I and a few of our friends, all headed to a near by American Indian Reservation, Mille Lac's reservation to check out their pow wow. It is a beautiful event on the shores of Mille Lac lake and very opening and welcoming to nontribal people. We went over and ate fry bread tacos (sooooooooo goood - I forgot to take a picture, I was too focused on eating the delightfulness). I attempted at getting a few photos to capture the beauty- these pictures don't do justice. [Not to forget it is sort of hard to shoot, the sun is setting, eventually drops, and everyone is moving very rapidly] It was awesome. Anyways. Here are a few pictures that are okay (some are a bit fuzzy in places, but I have short worse and I have shot better - just wanted to give y'all a glimpse into the pow wow.



Mille Lac is the home of the jingle dress






Have you ever been to a pow wow? 
How do you feel about fry bread tacos?
Did you do anything fun this weekend?
Does your area have anything fun celebrations every year?



No comments:

Post a Comment