Tuesday, July 9, 2013

4 Months Until Wine & Dine Half Marathon

Photo Credit: runDisney facebook page
We are four months out from the wine & dine half marathon! I seriously am OVER THE TOP excited about this race. I have begun to process the differences with this race verses other races that I have run. My first thing that I am beginning to ponder and think through is the 10:00 pm start. I am accustom to the early morning race starts where I get up, eat my oatmeal, and head off to a race. This is confusing to me being so late at night. Not to mention most nights by about 10:00 pm or so I am working on heading to bed. I prefer mornings over evenings as a general rule of thumb.

Hotel reservations have been made. While our original plan was to stay at Disney's All Star Movies Resort the entire time we were in Florida our plans changed when one of my friend's dad said that he had some points from something (I am not really sure how this worked out) that needed to get used up and that we were welcome to use them to stay at the Walt Disney World Swan or Walt Disney World Dolphin, I can't recall which one we are booked in but we are staying there for $17 a night. BEAUTIFUL! I couldn't be more excited about that.

Dinner reservations are also made as you probably saw a few weeks ago. We booked as soon as we were able to book in hopes of being able to get into all the restaurants that we wanted. It worked out okay.  I am still floored that over 190 days out Be Our Guest is booked, how are people getting reservations?! Seriously?! We were even looking for a table of two or three. Crazy town for sure!



Are you running the Wine and Dine?
What hotel are you staying at?
Do you have a favorite Disney World Resort?

1 comment:

  1. $17 per night? Can't beat that!! I ran the Inaugural Wine & Dine and am planning on running the 5th next year. I remember on race day, I woke up around 8 a.m. and did my normal day time routine. We went to Hollywood Studios and ate at Hollywood and Vine around 1 or so. I ate a pretty big lunch. Around 2 p.m., I returned to the room for a 2 hour nap, then got up and began readying for the race. I ate my normal pre-race Clif bar while riding to the corals on the bus! Good luck...I know you'll find something that works! Excited for you! This is a fun race!!

    ReplyDelete