Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend

I had an interesting Thanksgiving weekend for sure. I went to Marc's family for the first time. I always find going to someone else's house strange, partially because there is a certain degree that I was the outsider and it was weird to not know who everyone at the table was, to know the traditions, or what is what. His family was marvelous and very hospitable but it is always that strange moment when you have nothing to contribute to the conversation as family recalls holidays past and you have no clue what is going on. It was great to meet many of the people who mean the world to him.

It is a strange transition getting use to the idea that I can no longer function totally on my own, there has to be give and take. We did have a marvelous time in Wisconsin, while I was physically there, I couldn't help but have part of my heart and mind in South Dakota.

I must admit I was happy to return back to my house and have my sweet puppy back with me. I missed being around her. I missed being with my family this Thanksgiving [yes, I am fully aware that this kind of stuff will become more normal the longer we are married, but it doesn't take away the fact that I missed my family and my mom's cooking].

Yesterday we went out and got a Christmas tree (the branches are still settling from being bagged up) so we haven't decorated it yet, but I was loving digging out all the Christmas decorations. I also had a little photo shoot with my sweet puppy, Dakota, who was way more tolerant of it than I thought she would be.


No comments:

Post a Comment