Friday, September 21, 2012

Play dough Recipe

I had the world's hardest time finding a great play dough recipe for an upcoming Family Faith Journey project and searched all over the internet to find one, and eventually ended up calling my mom for her recipe for play dough (I seriously remember helping her make this when I was a kid) so thought I would post it just in case any one else is looking for an easy easy easy play dough recipe. (& so next time I need it I can find it)

2.5 cups flour
0.5 cup salt
3 tablespoons corn oil
1 tablespoon powdered alum

  • Mix ingredients and pour 1 2/3 to 2 cups of boiling water of it.
  • Stir till ingredients stick together.
  • Kneed till soft and consistent.
  • Divide into as many sections as you want and color as you please (you can use food coloring or paste coloring)
  • Store in a plastic bag
It was ridiculously easy to make and I tripled the recipe and it still worked out great!!!


I seriously enjoyed making playdoh, I don't know that last time I got to play with it, I find it a bit theraputic.

Anything from your childhood that you still enjoy playing with from time to time?



No comments:

Post a Comment