Wednesday, December 24, 2014

O Christmas Tree

 Our Christmas tree has been up since the Sunday after Thanksgiving. However, it apparently has taken me until now to get the pictures up here, who knows why, I am going to blame the infant and my lack of sleep.  While in my dreams I had hoped that we would go to a Christmas tree farm and cut down our own tree, however, that didn't happen. Mostly due to the fact that we couldn't find a Christmas tree farm within a couple hours of us. Naturally AFTER we had our Christmas tree someone told us about one, so next year perhaps we will get to cut down our own Christmas tree. 
We got our tree at Costco, we looked at several places and due to our ridiculously wonderful and high ceilings, we didn't want a small or short tree.  We wanted something big, something huge, and something that would fill our space a little bit. We also didn't want it to cost us our kidneys and a limb or two. I was a little impatient for the first couple days. I desperately wanted to put lights and ornaments on the tree. However, Marc talked some sense into me and we waited a couple days while the branches settled down and the tree drank at least 1.2 million gallons of water (it felt like every little while we were filling the base with water). 


Our tree is nothing crazy in terms of decorations, however, it is filled with much love and most of the ornaments tell a story (okay not all of them and we do have some filler ornaments but I would bet 75% are story tellers). For example here is the bell ornament my Godparents gave me the year I was born, it is engraved with "1984" and "Baby's first Christmas"

This is one of Marc's ornaments he really does "Live to bike" and he got this ornament from his grandparents one Christmas (or so he told me).
 You had to anticipate seeing at least one of these, I seriously LOVE these HUGE Mickey head ornaments. I got this one a couple years ago when I was down in WDW for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon.
This ornament is also from my Godparents (I actually have gotten a Christmas ornament from them every year since I was born), they gave this to us the year we were married. They have given me the entire Lenox collection of the 12 days of Christmas as well as several other Lenox ornaments. I think these ornaments are GORGEOUS and LOVE putting them on our tree every year. 
I think Marc found this ornament last year just after Christmas for a quarter or something goofy, it was PERFECT, we had just moved into our current house days before Christmas and we were still unpacking on Christmas. 
This ornament my mom brought up for Lucy. It is in the Lenox collection again and is a "Baby's First Christmas" ornament with "2014" and "Lucy" written on it. Perfectly sweet.

Here is my favorite thing about our Christmas tree, I can sit in our chair or on the couch, stare at the Christmas tree, snuggle my sweet babe, and crochet. I will miss this tree when it is gone.

Do you like having a Christmas tree?
What kind of ornaments do you have on your tree?
Do you have any favorite ornaments?






No comments:

Post a Comment