I am already annoyed by the number of kids who have said anything along this line:
- Will you have a kid by next year at this time?
- Are you ready to give up alcohol for 9 months?
- How will being pregnant effect your race calendar?
- Are you going to even bother with birth control or just get pregnant right away?
- blah blah blah - have a baby - blah blah blah
I know people are very excited for us to be getting married and I know people love babies and I know people are trying to be helpful and want to be a part of this next phase in my life but seriously - stop pushing people.
Currently I have the world's cutest puppy (at least in my eyes) and for the moment she is more than plenty to handle. There is absolutely no, zero, zilch reason to have my own kid. Currently I am savoring: sleep, being able to pick up and go whenever and wherever I want, sleep, freedom, and being engaged and transitioning to being married. [yes I am aware that lots of these things are selfish however, reasons are what they are and I am jazzed to use them for a while yet].