Friday, January 25, 2013

California

I seriously can't believe I am actually here in California! I remember when we were booking our vacation and continuing education event thinking about how far away these ten days were and now we are here, loving every minute of it.

I am thankful for the sunshine and the chance to run and be outside without feeling like I am heading out into the antarctic. I am thankful for time with my parents (who now that I am not a teenager any more I actually adore), friends both new and old, and time for myself. It is glorious. While I miss people and things back
home I am still jazzed to be out and about.

The Extravaganza is by far my favorite continuing education event each year, I love the diversity of people, I love the freedom to ask questions, I love the chance to gather with colleagues who are wresting with many of the same issues I am wrestling with at work. I love the variety of speakers and the chance to worship without having to lead.

Side perk: we are in Anaheim, so I was able to run the Tinkerbell Half Marathon last weekend and we all are frequenters of Disneyland when we have some free time. WHOOP WHOOP.

I am certain when I return home you can bank on being overwhelmed with tons of photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment