Thursday, November 8, 2012

Home again Home again Jiggity Jig

It is true that all good things must come to an end. We are coming off the boat (really I suppose I should call it a ship, it is enormous) today and heading back home. It is bittersweet to be leaving but I miss being at home too. I miss Marc, Dakota, my friends, and family. While on the one hand I loved being out of the country and not having and cell service because no one could call me or interrupt me or anything along that line, but at the same time, I missed being able to text people to call people and to have the connection with folks. I missed the kids I work with (yes even them I missed) on a weekly basis. I missed my sweet puppy who loves to snuggle (I hope she is exhausted and wants to snuggle lots when I get home.).

I am thankful that when we planned this vacation we planned it so we didn't instantly have to go into work tomorrow. I am thankful to have a day to do my laundry, clean my house, walk Dakota a ton, go for a run, rest, breathe, and then jump back into it. I am thankful for a couple days to sleep in, chill around my house, and then head back into work. I am thankful for my friend Vicki who has taken care of my sweet puppy while I was on vacation. I am thankful for Marc who is checking my house while I am gone and picking up my mail. I am thankful for a congregation who believes in vacation time for their staff.

I am thankful that God calls us to rest. I am thankful that I had the chance to run, play, read, crochet, eat, sleep, and have a marvelous time on vacation. I'm sure in the next few days you will be seeing tons of vacation photos uploaded on here. I took hundreds of pictures. I am excited to look at them and share them with you.

What is your favorite part of vacation?
Where did you go on your favorite vacation?
What from home do you always miss while on vacation?

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part of vacation is that it makes me DO something. Too often, I just sit around home in my spare time, and it's not fun or fulfilling.

    I think I have TWO favorite vacations: When I was 13, my family and I went to Canada. It was a nice regroup after my dad died. My SECOND favorite vacation was our Bahamas cruise when Jake and I got married. SUPER duper fun, lots of great memories, and basking in newlyweddedness.

    When I'm on vacation, I always miss sleeping in my own bed.

    ReplyDelete