Saturday, August 18, 2012

Dru Sjodin - Purple Elephant Run Review




Today I ran the Purple Elephant Run 10k, there was also a 5k run option. The race began at trail side park in Pequot Lakes. Packet pick up was quick and easy. At first I was excited to see the shirts and then I realized that they were tight fitting, small cut shirts for the women. Don't get me wrong I like when the shirts are broken into men's & women's however I am not a super small woman and the tight tight fitting ones don't fit. The shame is that they are made of a fabulous material and are super fun shirts. I heard a lot of people complain about how small the women's shorts were.I am thankful for the woman who after the race let me trade sizes.
The race itself was well marked & had plenty of water stations. It wasn't a closed course and was relatively flat (one tiny hill) with little traffic. It wrapped around Pequot Lakes and on the Paul Bunyan trail. I would highly recommend this race to everyone. It wasn't a super huge crowd which I also loved. It was a beautiful morning for a run.
The people directing and staffing the race were super nice and seemed very well organized (this was the 5th annual race).

Just a couple notes to my fellow runners:
-even if you and your closest five friends have really fun matching race outfits please don't run 6 wide on the trails - you are super hard to pass & obnoxious to run by
-even if you have been working on your sprinting skills and you are an Olympic sprinter please don't speed passed me like a bear is chasing you & as soon as you get six inches directly in front of me come to a complete stop
-even though spitting is totally acceptable while running (I do it too) - please look while you spit by the third time you spit on me (once on each shoe and once on my leg) - I was totally grossed out

No comments:

Post a Comment