Monday, July 9, 2012

Crosslake Run Series & Grandpa's Run for the Walleye Review





Sweet run series shirts: Nike Dryfit! I am impressed





Run for the Walleye shirt and the run series shirt


    I am running in the first ever Crosslake Road Race Series, I was excited when I somehow stumbled upon the series. It is three races: Grandpa's Run for the Walleye (July 7), Crosslake Dam Run (August 4), and Crosslake Monster Dash (October 27). It is looking like it will be a fabulous series. I am thrilled that it is super close to where I live, so I don't have to drive far and the price was super, particularly since when registering for the run series you get a Nike dryfit shirt, that was a pleasant surprise.
    This past Saturday (LOVE SATURDAY RACES, since I can only run Saturday races due to my call), was the 15th annual Grandpa's Run for the Walleye. The race was very well organized and they had a run for little kids ranging from 0-10, they ran in 2 year blocks (0-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10). The kids looked like they had a marvelous time running. All the kids who ran also go some sort of a prize for running, a ribbon and something else (sand pail and shovel, bubbles, etc.).
    The 5k run was great, I am a little disappointed because I missed my goal time by about 58 seconds. I got trapped while on a narrow part of the trail running behind a group running 8 wide without an option to pass right towards the end. But it was a marvelous run, they had water stations well spaced out and it was a gorgeously warm day to run. Crosslake is a beautiful place to run for sure.
Note to self:
 -at the end of a race don't get stuck behind large groups of people
 -hold your head up you ran well and almost met your goal
 -continue to rotate the music on your ipod you loved the new music to run to
              -not every song is intended to be run to

No comments:

Post a Comment